Friday, March 13, 2009

Slice of Life - Day 72

Today was a weird day, woke up feeling like I had a ton of energy which was good because I had a lot to accomplish today... but then once I was actually up, I had energy but not for what I needed to do... only what I wanted to do :)

So instead of getting up and heading straight to the car wash place like I planned to get the Passat clean enough that I wouldn't be ashamed to be driving it I fiddled around on my laptop for around an hour... then took Kalli to Dogwood Park for a play. There weren't too many dogs there today so we just power walked around the forest a whole bunch and worked on some training.

I then took her home and went off in search of lunch, drove down to Timmies but decided that wasn't what I felt like to instead went and browsed around Pier One and Winners... I was a good girl and didn't buy anything... then I finally decided to go to Flying Wedge for lunch...

After I got home I thought that surely this was the time I would start doing what I needed to do but nope... instead I went in the back yard and played a bit with Kalli... then watched her and Zim chase each other around the backyard. I took a few shots of Zim and came inside and finally started cleaning the house.

I wasn't really feeling it at first but then finally got into it and became obsessed. I have been cleaning on and off for around the last 7 hours... washing the floors by hand, cleaned all the baseboards, washed down all the walls and cabinets in the kitchen. I sorted a bunch of stuff, finally worked on the wooden shelf I brought home like two weeks ago... cleaned the laundry room which for those of you who know how small it is probably sounds easy but oh man it was a pigsty... Tidied my scrapbook room... Then I washed some windows, washed all the covers for the couches and any throw cushions that have removable covers, washed the bedding from both the beds, cleaned the spare room, cleaned the linen closet where we keep our sheets and tablecloths (I cleaned the other linen closet last week). I even remembered to clean the top of the fridge which is rare for me because I always forget about it because I cant see that high... out of sight, out of mind!

Now I'm off to clean some more... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment