Saturday, March 7, 2009

Slice of Life - Day 66

Today wasn't a particularly great day... it wasn't bad, just not awesome, you know? I have had a headache literally from the moment I woke up... Advil and and what feels like 50 gallons of water has not helped and I am looking forward to going to bed after this to sleep it off. I am always thankful for each and every day, I just won't be sorry to leave this day behind.
I have had someone on my mind a lot today for some reason... and I am sure that has contributed to my not so great mood :) Ive been thinking of my ex, Paul and all that we went through together and wondering how he is doing now, if he's better, if he's happy... if he lives his life as contently as I live mine.

Thinking of him brought me back to the time in our life together that now, looking back was the beginning of the end. The time that he started hanging out with the people who would get him heavily into drugs and addiction. But back then I didn't know what was to come... and enjoyed the scene as much as he did. Hanging out at the Cobalt Hotel in Van every weekend, going to punk rock shows (the real stuff, not the crap they like to call punk rock today), meeting people that we would never meet living in White Rock.

So thinking of all of this made me take a photo of my "punk rock" Vans as my photo of the day... and of some of my many bracelets I started collecting back then... My vans have certainly had their day and are showing their age... but they are my favorite pair of shoes and I have vowed to wear them until they literally fall apart!

Ahhhh good times... But am I ever so glad that they're over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment