Sunday, March 1, 2009

Slice of Life - Day 60

One year ago today is the day that sweet Emily passed away. She was the sweetest, loveliest dog I have ever met. I adored her from the moment I met her but that adoration turned into pure love when Christina got sick and Em started to spend more time with us out here. It was during the time that I wasn't working after leaving Future Shop so her daily walks usually fell to me. We would go out and explore the beach or Dogwood Forest in the morning when I got up and it was always the highlight of the day. She was sometimes playful, sometimes just calm and wanting to meander through the paths... but always game for a quick swim under the train trestle on Semiahmoo First Nations Reserve. I had to be quick to grab her or she would wade right in the smelly water :)

I had so many nick names for her... Em, Emmers, Pretty Face, Em Face, , Emaloo, Emmy Dog... gosh I cant even remember them all...

I miss her a lot. She is the sole reason we got Kalli... just because we wanted to help fill the void left in our lives after she went off to her next adventure. I know that she's in doggy heaven chasing squirrels even as I write this... :)

Gone but never ever forgotten.

Emily Jolie... RIP.



























































No comments:

Post a Comment