Friday, May 29, 2009

Slice of Life - Day 148

I had surgery today, they had a cancellation and called me Wednesday night to see if I wanted the slot. I said yes of course and was happy about it because it means I wont be all sick and sore on Becca's birthday weekend seeing as my next surgery date was for June 12th - the day we are leaving for her cabin in Shuswap.

We took Kalli out to Vancouver to leave her with Christina for the day and then headed to the hospital. This time I had been told that there would be little to no chance of getting bumped so I became quite nervous but B stayed with me right until they took me in to the operation room so that helped. I kept telling him he could leave but he was a trooper and hung out. The surgery and recovery took a lot longer than they said it would but they didn't tell me why.





I had given my camera to Brendan so that he could take today's photo of the day while he was spending time with his mom while I was in surgery but he forgot. So instead I took a photo of all the things that him and Christina went and picked me up at Granville Island for tomorrow. I will be home alone tomorrow and we are not sure how I will feel so they got me some of my favorite goodies to eat so I don't have to try and make something, how sweet eh! They also picked up the stuff to make my favorite dinner... chilli ginger garlic stir fry. Yum!


The other photo is of my pain pills... I am all drugged up as I write this, can you tell?


Now I am off to sleep, not feeling so hot at this point... but I am glad that it is all finally over!






No comments:

Post a Comment