Sunday, May 10, 2009

Slice of Life - Day 129

We just got home from having dinner with Christina in Vancouver for Mother's Day. While sitting at dinner and again in the car on the way home I reminded myself to take a photo of her and Brendan once we got back to her place for my photo of the day today but managed to forget again by the time we got home. So now its twenty to eleven and I do not want to take any photos so I have decided to go retro and use old ones.
I did not have time to do anything special to honor my mom today... but ya know what, that's okay. I remember her in my heart each and every day and that is enough. She has been on my mind the last couple days so although I didn't spread any ashes or light a candle or plant a flower for her today I remembered her, thought of her, loved her. Happy Mom's Day Mom.

I did take time though to make my sister a card and get her flowers, she has always been there for me, even when she was a child herself and I love her for it, and for everything else she is, on Mother's day and every day.

And as I said earlier we went to see Christina tonight to celebrate this day with her. We took her a plant and a card and took her for dinner at our favorite pizza place and had a visit. I know that I am lucky to have her in my life as well. She has opened my eyes a little since I have known her, taught me to be a little more open to different things, different people, different food, other cultures and a life lived outside of the box. But most of all I am thankful that she gave birth to and raised the wonderful human being that I am lucky enough to call my husband. I know that Brendan wouldn't be the man he is if not for her - Paul gets a little credit too ;) - and I am so thankful for both of them.






No comments:

Post a Comment