Friday, April 24, 2009

Slice of Life - Day 113

I got up late today because I didn't sleep much last night... so when I got up and saw it was a gorgeous day outside I felt bad for wasting the morning sleeping so I went right outside into the backyard and got to work! It has been a bit of a mess out there since the fall and with the addition of Kalli to our family it has gotten a lot worse. I started by cleaning up all the puppy poo, then raked the entire yard (phew what a load of work!). After that I took a quick detour to Rona to get some yard paper bags, to Timmies for a french vanilla and then a quick stop at Potter's Nursery to pick up some flowers with color to make me feel that spring really is here. Went back home and filled a bunch of bags, then mowed the lawn, then trimmed up the bamboo in the back part of the yard.

Then I decided to get started on a project that I have wanted to do for a while but kept putting off... cleaning out beside our back shed. There was a massive pile of branches, yard waste, junk etc back there... taking up about 20 feet of space. Most of it was there before we moved here but it has always bugged me and I think mice live in it so I decided to burn a bunch of it. I know it could have been bundled up to get recycled in the yard waste program but it would have taken so long to cut and bundle it all up. So I started a fire in the pit and kept adding and adding to it. I had the fire going all afternoon and probably got about half the mess cleaned up! We are going to finish the rest on the our days off this week hopefully. While that was going I did a bit of weeding and then trimmed the three large hedges in the back and some of the boxwood from along the fence. I never got around to planting my flowers but that can wait for another day... I'm almost too tired to move!!


I forgot to take a before shot or an "in process" shot of the mess beside the shed... but some of you who read this probably know what I'm talking about (Paul). I will post a photo of what I've got done so far tomorrow maybe...


In the middle of my adventure Brea texted and we made plans to meet up for dinner... so once B came home I had a shower, we put out the fire and drove down to WING'S on the beach for dinner... it was very yummy as usual but again as usual we got the waitress who is not very good at her job and it sucked. Always nice to have a Chris and Brea fix though! We treated ourselves to White Mountain ice cream for dessert (because the gelato place was closed) and then came home. Now I have written this, browsed online for a while and am off to bed :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment