Thursday, April 16, 2009

Slice of Life - Day 105

Today after work B and I took Kalli to Dogwood for a walk. When we drove in B was like "oh wow, look at that dog". I knew right away what dog he meant... there was a Malamute/Border Collie cross running around over by the corral that looked just like Kalli. Well I guess not "just like" but very similar in their coloring and size and he looked very much like Kalli's sister that we liked that had long hair but was already taken when we went to look at the pups. He looked so much like that dog that B mentioned how odd it would be if we were to find out that it WAS her. Anyways as soon as we let Kalli in the gate she immediately ran over to that dog and it was like love at first sight. I was standing there watching when I heard a man say, "wow look at that dog" and looked over to see that it was the owner of the other dog exclaiming over how much Kalli looked like his dog just like B had done a minute earlier. He found out she was ours and came right over with questions, wondering I think if they could possibly be related. Oddly enough they are the exact same age, only a day apart and both came from a litter of 9 pups. His came however from a shelter who had gotten them from a Native Reserve in the interior where they were going to be either shot or drowned if the shelter didn't take them. They were taken from their mom when they were only 4 weeks old :(
The pup's name is Magnum and his owner Roger and I think that he and Kalli would make THE cutest puppies... but luckily Magnum has already been neutered. I say luckily because you know if that happened B and I would be keeping one of those puppies! We have made friends with Roger (and Magnum) and have exchanged emails already regarding future play dates! So today's photo is of the two of them, and also one that Roger sent me from when Magnum was just a baby. Looking at the photos I am thinking you don't see how much they look alike... I guess you would need to see them in person. No matter what they are both super cute anyway.






No comments:

Post a Comment