Sunday, April 19, 2009

Slice of Life - Day 108

While browsing my favorite blogs tonight I found a girl talking about using bleach as your ink while stamping. I thought that sounded so cool that I had to try it... so I made an "anniversary" card for Brendan. Our dating anniversary is coming up in May - 6 years! - and although now that we're married I know that we are supposed to celebrate that anniversary instead I still want to recognize the day that we started dating and began our adventure together.
The card is kind of girly - well more that kind of I guess - but I am sure he can handle one girly card. I usually try to make his cards more masculine but while trying this new technique I found it doesn't work well on all colors, and the color it seemed to work best on was these pinks... The two hearts are what I stamped with the bleach. It kind of "eats" away at the pigment in the paper and leaves you with this white-ish impression.

Nice to get my craft on again - it's been a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment